Certain agencies may wish to apply for a Working Towards recognition, before they apply for the full Early Permanence Quality Mark. These could be agencies who:
- Are on their journey to being an RAA, but have not yet consolidated key areas of practice in relation to early permanence across the agencies involved
- Have newly restructured and are still in early stages of streamlining their approach and aligning their services, agencies and teams to early permanence delivery (Fostering for Adoption and Concurrent Planning)
- Are seeking to develop their strategy and approach to early permanence delivery and would benefit from focal work on developing a comprehensive service action plan
- Are wishing to test the sufficiency of their approach, but are not yet in a position to apply for the Quality Mark – they may expect to apply for this at a later stage
A service action plan and supporting documentation, with reference to key elements of the Quality Mark Descriptors, will be required as evidence for recognition of Working Towards Early Permanence status.
The agency and partners to any application must consider whether they would first benefit from applying for the Working Towards status, or whether they immediately proceed to a full award application.
Should I apply for the full Quality Mark instead?
Agencies are ready to apply for the full Early Permanence Quality Mark if they:
- Can demonstrate experience of delivering fostering for adoption and/or concurrency placements
- Have a well-rounded approach to enabling early permanence and are seeing progress in their planning, delivery and in the actual outcomes for children
- Are committed to early permanence through the delivery of specialist or innovative services
- Clearly uphold early permanence principles and partnership working
What is the application process for Working Towards?
Applications for Working Towards recognition should be submitted online, similar to the full Award.
The first step is to Register to Apply online. Then just log in to the application process, and tick the option for ‘Type of Application – Working Towards the Quality Mark’.
Following submission, applications will be viewed by an Independent Moderator. The fee is £400 to cover costs.
Agencies who gain the Working Towards recognition are supplied with the ‘Working Towards’ logo, to signify sufficiency in working towards early permanence.
If you have any queries about your agency’s readiness to apply for the Quality Mark, please email: email@example.com